Friday, March 3, 2023

Check out the Tunisian Crochet Baby blanket I just finished

 


I think it turned out really nice.  I tweaked a pattern I made not long ago but this time I didn't want to use fingering weight baby yarn.  Baby yarn only comes in boring colors and it's hard to find it in that thin weight.  Now that I know how to do it already I was able to use regular yarn and just adjust the size of the hook and number of stitches until I got the size squares I wanted.  I used Caron Simply Soft and a 5.5 mm hook and got 2" squares with 7 stitches across and 5 rows.  The baby's mama requested those colors and my husband said I should do "the square blanket" again.  I just made up a simple border.  I think it's very pretty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling bad

I'm having a bad fibromyalgia flare up right now.  The weather triggered it by fluctuating wildly.  It would be around -20 F at night  a...