Sunday, April 25, 2021

I'm Vaccinated now

 I thought I'd never get an appointment to get a Covid vaccine because the appointments always got snatched up before I even knew about them.  I finally found a website through my state to help know which places had vaccine available.  If you are in Alaska you can use this site to find a providerJust select your language and city to find out which place has vaccine appointments available. Here is another link that was helpful (part of the same website).   Every state has their own system so I hope people in other areas are able to find a way to get an appointment without too much trouble.  I basically googled "Covid vaccine appointments in Alaska" to find that information.  

I got the Moderna vaccine and when I got the first shot it was only a bit tender at the injection site.  I think the person giving the shot just wasn't as gentle and put the needle in pretty deep.  When I got the 2nd dose yesterday the woman giving the shot was a lot more gentle and I think used a smaller needle.  I barely felt anything and the injection site was not painful.  After a few hours I did start to feel tired and laid down but never actually fell asleep.  During the night I woke up with that arm feeling painful and got up and took some Excedrin.  That helped so I could get back to sleep.  I did have a Fibromyalgia flare up also but it wasn't really bad.  I woke up late but I'm up and moving around okay.   I'm still dealing with the flare but Aleve has helped with that.  

I did ask about how being on immunosuppressant drugs would affect things.  I take Humira and Plaquenil for Psoriatic Arthritis, an autoimmune disorder.  They said I may have less of an immune response to the vaccine so I may not be as protected from the virus as someone who is not taking those drugs.  

I hope other people who have similar health conditions will be willing to get the vaccine.  I know I was pretty scared at first but my husband got the vaccine and didn't have any problems.  He also talked to several other co-workers who either had no side-effects or very minor achiness or fatigue.  I also did a lot of researching online to see what I could find out about it and finally decided to give it a shot (pun intended lol).

I'll post if I have any more problems but I think the worst of it is over.  

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling bad

I'm having a bad fibromyalgia flare up right now.  The weather triggered it by fluctuating wildly.  It would be around -20 F at night  a...