Saturday, June 12, 2021

Sleep Study


I had a sleep study last night.  I'm very glad it's over.  It took forever to get the appointment and I'm sure Covid helped with that.  I thought it was interesting that I had to wear my mask through the first part of getting hooked up and then had to take it off when he couldn't work around it anymore.  I understand wearing the mask to get in the door and past the zero people in the halls to the room but once the process is started it doesn't make sense to require the mask for part of the hooking up process.  I'm claustrophobic so I really struggle to keep from losing my cool while wearing a mask.   If my glasses fog up I have to take off my glasses and walk around blind or I'll end up panicking.  

Anyway, the guy that hooked up all my wires did a really good job.  I googled to see pictures of other people who've had a sleep study and I know my wires were well corralled.  My doctor gave me a sleeping pill for the night since I have insomnia so I slept very well.  I think I woke up about 3 times and went back to sleep pretty quickly.  I don't remember any time staring at the ceiling so I think that is good.  My fitbit says I slept a little short of 6 hours.  I did not enjoy trying to get the waxy gluey goo out of my hair.  He advised that I use hot water and douse it with conditioner first.  He gave me a comb but it was so flexible it was difficult to use.  

When I got home I crawled into my far superior bed and vowed to never sleep anywhere else again... at last until my next trip to Vegas.  

I now have to wait for my doctor's verdict and decisions for the future.   I'm so curious and if I was a cat I'd be dead.  I hate waiting for test results and they said 5 - 10 days.  Wow, that's a long time and I really hope they don't make me wait the full 10 days.  

I have a feeling or fear that I had a good night and the tests will show nothing abnormal.  That is usually how it works isn't it?  I remember when I would take my kids to the doctor when they were little and they were suddenly better once we walked inside.  I have insomnia except this past week before the sleep study.  I was still waking up really early (around 4 am) and starting to droop between 4 - 6 pm so  I was going to bed really early but it was still a regular sleeping schedule where I was actually sleeping most of the night.  

Oh well, I guess I have no choice but to wait and see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling bad

I'm having a bad fibromyalgia flare up right now.  The weather triggered it by fluctuating wildly.  It would be around -20 F at night  a...