Friday, July 9, 2021

Happiness is...


Nothing makes me happier than finding the perfect book for the perfect person.

I had a hard time when my dad remarried 4 months after my mom died.  The woman is very nice and it wasn't about her but it just kind of felt wrong.  I was still grieving and he's talking about getting married.  

They were visiting us one time and she saw a book on my shelf and said she loved that author.  I realized that she liked to read too.  She mostly read Christian nonfiction books.  As I got to know her better I started to get an idea of the kind of books she liked.  I was reading this one series and this one particular book really seemed to be the perfect book for her.  It's a faith based mystery series but the books don't have to be read in order and each book can really be read as a stand-alone novel.  I sent that book to her and she loved it.  

Later on I was reading another one and it had a picture of a crocheted angel on the front made with thread like a doily.  It looked so familiar to me but I didn't know where I'd seen it before.  I crochet so I searched all over the internet trying to find the pattern for it and wasn't having much luck.  I just felt like I had to find it so I could make one and put it in the book and send it to my step mom.  Then finally I saw a mention of it being in an old magazine.  I checked and sure enough, I had that magazine.  She loved it and the book.  After that I sent her all of the rest of the series as I read them.  She's happily reading them now.  Now I need to find another series like that so I can send them on to her.  

D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling bad

I'm having a bad fibromyalgia flare up right now.  The weather triggered it by fluctuating wildly.  It would be around -20 F at night  a...